WhatsApp is a popular messaging app that allows users to send and receive messages, photos, videos, and voice and video calls over the internet. It is available for iOS, Android, and other smartphones, as well as desktop computers.
It is well-known for its end-to-end encryption, which ensures that only the sender and recipient of a message can read it. This keeps users’ private conversations private. It is under the ownership of Facebook and has more than 2 billion users all over the world..
Create your account
To set up and start using WhatsApp on an Android device, follow these steps:
- Open the Google Play Store on your Android device.
- Search for “WhatsApp” in the Play Store and tap on the app in the search results.
- Tap on the “Install” button to download and install WhatsApp on your device.
- Once the app is installed, open it and tap on the “Agree and Continue” button to accept the terms of service.
- WhatsApp will ask for permission to access your phone’s contacts and other information. Tap on “Allow” to give the app the necessary permissions.
- You will then be asked to verify your phone number. Enter your phone number and tap on the “Next” button.
- WhatsApp will send you a verification code via SMS. Enter the code in the app to complete the verification process.
- Once your phone number is verified, you can set up your WhatsApp profile by adding a profile photo and your name.
- You can now start using WhatsApp to send and receive messages, share photos and videos, and make voice and video calls.
To start a conversation with someone on WhatsApp, tap on the “Chats” tab at the bottom of the screen and then tap on the “New chat” button in the top right corner. You can then search for the person you want to talk to by name or phone number, and tap on their name to open a chat with them.