App updates add new features to apps. Not only does it add new features, but it also fixes bugs and adds extra security. Updates are released to improve apps by adding new features or making them more secure. With Windows 11 requirements, updating apps is easy and takes no time. If you use apps from Microsoft Store, you can choose to have them update automatically or do it yourself.
Update Windows 11 Microsoft Store apps
If you use apps from places other than the Microsoft Store, we will also talk about how to update them. Follow the steps in this article to update apps on a Windows 11 computer.
How to Manually update Microsoft Store Apps
In Microsoft Store, you can manually update apps. With this option, you can choose which apps to update and which to update alone. Microsoft Store apps can be manually updated by following the steps below:
- Search Microsoft Store in the Start menu and open it.
- Click on the Library option on your screen at the bottom left.
- Here is a list of all the apps that need to be updated in the Updates & Downloads section.
- Click on Get Updates if you want to update all your apps. If you want to manually download the updates for the apps, click on the download button next to the apps you want to update.
- You will be able to update the apps this way. You can stop the update by clicking the pause button and start it again by clicking the resume button. To cancel the updates, select Cancel from the three dots next to the app.
Automatically updating Microsoft Store Apps Current
You can have the app update itself if you don’t want to take the time to do it yourself. Your time will be saved because you won’t have to manually search for the apps you want to update. Follow the steps below to automatically update the app:
- On the Microsoft Store, click on your profile, which you can find in the top right corner.
- Click “app settings” in the menu that comes up.
- Now, there will be a switch for app updates in the settings for the app. By turning this toggle on, Microsoft Store can automatically update apps.
After you turn this switch on, your PC’s apps will automatically update, so you won’t have to do it yourself.
Other than the Microsoft Store, updating other apps
The first two steps explained how to should i upgrade to windows 11 from Microsoft Store. But you can’t update apps you didn’t get from the Microsoft Store.
There will be a way to check for updates in these apps. Also, these apps check for updates automatically and tell you to download them if there are any. If there are any updates, you will see a message on your screen when you open the app. You can then download the update, and it will be put on your PC.
But let’s say you don’t get the prompt telling you an update is available. In that case, you can go to the app’s website, download the most recent version of the app, and install it. If you install the newest version, it will replace the old app with the new one, but the settings will stay the same.
Here are a few ways to update Windows 11 apps. By using the above methods, you will be able to update apps from Microsoft Store manually or automatically, as well as update apps that you did not get from Microsoft Store.