Recently, I’ve noticed that my home wifi is very slow. I thought it was rubbed by someone else, so I want to change the wifi password, but I don’t know how to do it. Here is a detailed explanation of how to change the wifi password on a computer. If you don’t have a computer at home, you can change the wifi password with your cell phone.
Please read the tutorial for a step-by-step guide:
Check the login address first. The router’s login address is its management page address, setting URL, etc. It is a web address (IP address) that needs to be entered into the browser. There are different login addresses for each type of wireless router. So, if you are a beginner, please figure out your router’s login address first.
Students who don’t know the login address should hold their router in their hands and look at the sticker on the bottom of the router.
How to see the login address of a router:
- The router’s login address is the parameters behind the management page, login address, router IP, router address, and other options in the label.
- The router’s login address could be a URL like tplogin.cn or melogin.cn, or an IP address like 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1.
Login settings user interface
- First, make sure that a network cable has been used to connect your computer to the LAN interface on the router. If it’s a laptop, just connect to the router’s wifi signal; there’s no need to use a network cable to connect to the LAN port.
- Then, in your browser, type in the router’s login address, open the login interface, and enter the administrator password (also called the “login password”) to get into the router’s settings interface.
Log in to the router’s interface to set it up.
- The router used in the demo is a Huawei Honor router, and its login address is 192.168.3.1. When you are working on your own, please enter the login address of your router. Do not copy the information in the picture above.
- After entering your router’s login address, the router’s login interface cannot be opened. Students who run into this problem shouldn’t panic. Instead, they should read the next tutorial to find out how to fix it.
What should I do if I can’t open the router settings page?
If you can open the login interface but forget the administrator password (also called the login password), you won’t be able to log in to the setting interface. I’m sorry that you can’t change the wifi password right now.
You can only reset your router to the factory settings, then reset the Internet, and then reset the wifi name and password. You can look at the following tutorial for a step-by-step guide:
How do I restore the wireless router to its original settings? How do I reset the router after putting it back in its original settings? Third, modify the password for the wifi
After logging in to the router’s settings page, find and open the wireless setting or Wi-Fi setting option. The Router’s Wi-Fi Password can then be changed.
Change the password for your WiFi.
When setting up a Router’s Wi-Fi Password, it’s best to use a mix of capital letters, lowercase letters, numbers, and symbols, and the password should be longer than 8 digits.
It is best to set the wireless name with letters, numbers, or a mix of letters and numbers. Set up your phone, tablet, laptop, or other device without using foreign characters.