You have options if you can’t log your old Instagram account. If you remember the email address you used, you could try to get it back. If you remember your username instead, Instagram can help you log in if needed. you can’t remember of anything, you might have to start over.
Instagram is great, and it seems to be getting better and better. Competitors have been biting at the social network’s heels, so it has had to embrace change to stay different and interesting in a world with many options.
Some people think that getting a login error is the worst thing that could happen. It’s important to know how to get back into your account, whether it’s been deactivated, you last used it a long time ago, or you forgot your account information.
In this article, we’ll talk about some of your login options and how to avoid being locked out in the future.
Remember your Instagram password?
Passwords are the worst thing about life today. We need them for everything, but we can’t use the same one for more than one account because that would put all of them at risk. There is no substitute for a good memory or password managers until something better is developed. When this doesn’t work, password reminders come in handy.
One is on Instagram.
- Open the app for Instagram on your device.
- Select Get help logging in just below the login screen.
- Alternatively, you can Use Username or Email, Send an SMS, or log in with Facebook if you have an Android phone.
- If you have an iOS device, choose Username or Phone.
- Choose to send the login link.
Then, Instagram will send you a link to your phone or email so you can reset your password. Then, you will need to use the link to verify your account and make a new password. You will need to use that new password to log in to Instagram.
Lost your whole Instagram password?
If you have forgotten your Instagram login information in its entirety, you have the option of either contacting Instagram for assistance or creating a new account. Two of the most important factors are how much content you already have and whether or not you can convince your friends to link to your new account.
Even though Instagram can’t do much to help you if you’ve forgotten your email, username, and password, they do at least try.
You can use your email address instead of your username if you need to remember it. Try your phone number if you need help remembering your email address or username. For Instagram to help you or to send you a password reminder, you will need one or the other to identify your account.
Where to Look for Your Username
Depending on how long youremember been locked out of your Instagram account, you may need help remembering important details about it. If you think it’s crazy that someone would forget something like this, consider that when people create an account, they often use special characters and numbers that make it harder to log in.
Here are a few ways to find out what your username is:
- Check your email accounts. There is a search function in every email client. Go to each one and type “Instagram” in. If you don’t regularly delete your emails, you should have gotten a verification code or an email about assuming up your account at some point. If you click on the link, you might get the username for the account. If not, you now have the login email address.
- Ask your friends – If you’ve ever had Instagram friends, they can probably find you on their friends list. Ask a friend to give you their list and tell you your username.
- Try different versions of your name. This isn’t likely to try, but it might be worth a shot. Try adding numbers or special characters to your username that you would have used if you were setting up the account today. Sometimes this helps you remember, giving you the option to get your account back.
Use Facebook to log in to your Instagram account
Social networks like to link to each other in any way they can because they like to share information and collect lots of personal data. Because Facebook owns Instagram, your account may be set to automatically sign in with Facebook.
If you need to log in to your Instagram account but need to know the password, you can log in with a linked Facebook account. Make sure you’re logged into Facebook on another tab in the same browser for this to work. If you do that, Instagram will automatically find your Facebook information, making the process a little easier.
Follow these steps to log in with your Facebook account:
- Go to the Instagram website and click on the “Log in with Facebook” option.
- If asked, verify your account.
- Click your Instagram Username.
Assuming your accounts are connected, that’s all you need to do. If you still can’t log in, don’t give up just yet, try this:
Try these steps to reset your Facebook login:
- Open the Instagram app and select the “Forgot password” option.
- Select Reset with Facebook.
- If you aren’t already, log in to Facebook.
- Select the Reset button in the Facebook app when it asks you to.
- Type in a new password and select “Done.”
- Use that new password to log in to Instagram.
This only works if you have connected Instagram and Facebook. This won’t ask for a new username; it only works for passwords. If you still need to remember your Instagram account information, you may need to create a new account and be done with it.
Questions People Usually Ask
Can I get back into my Instagram account?
You can usually get your account back, but there are a few times when you need help. Trying to reactivate an old account can get you into trouble with the inactive account policy. Instagram makes it a point to delete inactive accounts every so often. The company can delete your account if you last logged in or posted something a while ago. If that’s the case, you won’t be able to get your old account back, but you might make a new one with the same username if it’s still available.
If Instagram shuts down your account because you broke the rules, You might never be able to get into your account again. The company can delete your account at any option and for any reason.
Lastly, you’re not likely to get your old account back if you don’t know anything about it and it’s not linked to any other social media sites. Even Instagram Support will not know what your account login is.
How do I make sure I can always get into my account?
So, everyone needs to remember their passwords from time to time. There are a few things you can do right now to make sure you never lose your account if you want to keep it forever:
Add and verify your phone number. You can get back into an old Instagram account with just a phone number. This is something you’ll probably have for a long time, so you should be able to make your account even if you change your email address in the future.
Keep your email up to date. Keeping your contact information up to date is another important step to maintaining your Instagram account. This not only helps play your account, but it also lets you log in and verify 2FA.
Use a stronger password. One of the biggest issues with being locked out of your Instagram account is that someone else could take over it. If someone takes over your account, changes the contact information, and uses it as their own, you can only report it as fraud. Use 2FA and a strong password.
Log in often. As we’ve already said, if you don’t log in, Instagram will delete your account. Use the account often to avoid the chance that Instagram will shut it down.
Know of any other ways to login in to your old Instagram account when you need to remember the details? If you do, tell us about them below!