One of the best things about the Kahoot join platform is that it can turn your classes into a contest. You can use it to create gamified tests or quizzes that will help your students learn and test themselves in an entertaining way.
One of the best things about creating a good Kahoot live from scratch is that the teacher will be able to add questions that go along with the classes he has taught the group of your students. The quizzes can be made from the books and/or math problems in the school year’s educational materials.
In other words, it won’t use the questions and answers formulated by other users or teachers. Instead, it will create a questionnaire that is unique to you.
Creating a test on the platform is not hard, and you don’t even need to create much about computers. Next, we’ll show you how to set up your free account so you can use games to teach any subject in the classroom.
Join the Kahoot game.
The first step is to enter the official Kahoot login platform and click on this link.
Follow all of the steps that the platform gives you.
Click “Create Kahoot” once you’ve set up your account, confirmed it by email, and given the platform your login information.
Create a Kahoot Quiz: the Challenge
There will be a list of alternatives. Depending on your needs, you can choose one. In our case, we’ll click “New Kahoot.”
In the next step, you must complete out each box on your screen, such as title, description, language, target audience, etc.
When you’re done filling out each field, click the “Done” or “Continue” button.
We’ve already created the Kahoot by following the steps above, but it doesn’t have any questions yet, so the next step is to add the questions.
Click the “Add question” button on the left and choose the type of survey you want to make.
A blank screen will appear, and you’ll need to complete in each of the boxes in the following picture:
- Enter the type of question the students must answer.
- Maximum time: The platform says that you have up to 20 seconds to respond.
- Answers: You must choose between 2 and 4 answers, and the “tick” option lets you choose which ones are right.
- Points added for giving credit: If you want to add more to your answer, it’s an incentive for the students.
- Media: You can add an image or a video.
- Once you’ve filled in all the information, the screen should look like this:
- The last step is to click the “Next” button. The question will be added to your Kahoot right away.
Recommendations and tricks for creating a Kahoot to Play with Friends
- The quiz will be better if you make it more interesting. So, adding things like pictures or videos will make the contest more fun and interactive.
- When using Kahoot in class, you should only make a maximum of 10 questions so that the test doesn’t take too long.
- Schedule a prudent response time. Everything will depend on how hard the question is, so a reasonable amount of time must be set up based on the questions.
- Kahoot! gives you the best tips and tricks for creating and playing games. for Unconference at school
How to Get a PIN for a Kahoot Game:
1. On the Kahoot pin! website, look for the game you want to play. website.
2. Click the green button that says “Make a game.”
3. In the window that pops up, enter the name and description of the game.
4. Just click “Make a game.”
5. The information about the game will open in a new tab.
6. Copy the game PIN and tell your friends or coworkers about it.
+100 Kahoot Game Pins
How does Kahoot work?
For it to work, it needs two parts to work together. In the first place, test preparation is usually formulated and created by the teacher.
To do this, the teacher will need to create a Kahoot, as explained at the beginning of this article. The second part is creating your first test, which shouldn’t take you more than a minute.
When it was created together
Professor Alf Inge Wang of the Norwegian University of Science and Technology created and designed the educational platform. Its goal is to give all students a comfortable, social, and entertaining learning environment.
Advantages and disadvantages
- The teacher can teach in a fun way that includes all of the students.
- You always get feedback from the students, which can help you come up with new things to do in the classroom.
- Work together with students and share what you know.
- It is good for people of all ages.
- You need to be connected to the Internet.
- It takes a lot of time to make the test and put it on the platform.
Why would you use Kahoot?
We can tell you many reasons why you should use the tool. For this reason, we could say that it is a free educational resource that is very useful for both teachers and students and helps them learn new things and review old ones in a fun way.
It can be used in various places, like schools, workplaces, and even home. All you need is a computer, access, or tablet that can connect to the internet.
What’s the point?
One of the best things about this platform is that we can talk about two important things: 1) It was designed and set up to be used entertainingly for educational purposes only.
And 2) it’s a tool that helps reinforce learning with short questions, so the teacher can move on to the next question with more control.
How to get the Kahoot app on your phone
You can access educational games that are fun and helpful on any device, whether it runs Android or iOS.
You must go to Google Play and download the app straight to your smart device for Android devices. On the other hand, those with iPhones can go to the Apple Store.
How to Find Topics on Kahoot
You can easily find it by going to the “Find Kahoot” section, where you will find Kahoots that have already been made and are ready to use with your students in the classroom.
You will be able to read about the topics in both Spanish and English. The best thing about this option is that you can use a filter, like separating it by language so that only Kahoots created in that language shows up.
The platform has made several alternatives available so that many different types of people can use it. Everything will depend on what purpose the tool will be used for. Because of this, they offer different prices, which are grouped by:
- Plans for one person range from $17 to $59 per month.
- Team Plan costs between $14 and $39 per month.
- To get personalized help with the Enterprise Plan, call the User Service Center.
- Plan between $250 and $750 per month for one-time events.
Kahoot is a YouTube channel.
In order to make the experience better for its subscribers, the platform has a YouTube channel where you can find wide access to tutorials and guides about the platform itself.
They also offer free webinars that could be very useful for keeping up with the latest changes and/or new ideas that have been put into place in the educational environment.
The great thing about this channel is that the videos are organized by topic, which makes it easier to find what you’re looking for.
What types of questions does the free version of Kahoot and the paid version have?
- Free version: Add questions and you only have to choose between the alternatives “true or false”.
- You can add a question and the possible answers to a Quiz.
- Puzzle: Means adding a question and putting the answers in the right order.
- Answer quickly: When you add the question, you must also include the answer. You will be able to write down more than one possible answer.
- The words: Once the question is there, the answer must be less than 20 characters. Because of this, the answer will be a word cloud.
- Type of survey: When you ask a question, it must have more than one possible answer.
How many Kahoot can I make?
It’s important to make it clear that the type you use the platform is very different depending on what kind of account you have—for the teacher or for home.
With a teacher account, up to 50 people can use it at the same time, but only 10 people can use it at home. There are other differences between each account, but this one stands out the most.
Since the student account is free, it only lets you answer two types of questions.
What’s the longest a question can be?
According to suggestions on the official website, a contest should last no more than 4 minutes. This is because it has been said that you can get more interested in the game and have a better attitude about it in this amount of time.
Also, they say that questions should range between 10 and 20, and each questionnaire should take 20 minutes, which is the default time on the platform.
So, using the 4-minute time as a guide, the number of questions could change based on how long you spend on each one. Most users play one of three types of games.