The Netgear Orbi is a wireless router system that gives your whole home strong and fast WiFi coverage. It has a main router that connects to your modem and satellite units that you can put around your home to make your WiFi network reach more places. The Orbi system is made to work with the equipment your Internet Service Provider (ISP) gives you.
This makes it easy to set up a reliable WiFi network in your home that works well. The Netgear Orbi router is a popular choice for home users who want to improve their WiFi setup. It has advanced features like mesh technology and security protocols that are built in.
Do an Orbi Firmware Update on Your Router and Satellite by Hand Netgear orbi firmware
- First, download the firmware for both your Netgear Orbi router and the satellite.
- Update the Orbi satellite’s firmware to the latest version, and then update the Orbi firmware on your router.
How to download the latest version of firmware for your Netgear Orbi router and satellite.
Download the latest firmware for your Netgear Orbi satellite from the Netgear Download Center, save it to your desktop, and, if necessary, unzip the file.
- Load a web browser on a computer or laptop that is connected to your Netgear Orbi router with an Ethernet cable or wire.
Note: Please do not upload the firmware using a computer or laptop that is wirelessly connected to the router.
- Type orbilogin.com into the URL bar of your browser.
- When asked, type in your login information (username and password).
- Click on the “Advanced” link. After that, click on Administration, then click on Firmware Update.
- Click on the tab that says Manual Update.
The Orbi firmware update page will be shown.
Note: It is recommended that you update the firmware on your Netgear Orbi satellites first, and then update your WiFi router. Please do not update the firmware on both your Orbi router and satellite at the same time.
How to update the Orbi Satellite’s firmware?
- Select the checkbox next to the name of your satellite’s model, and then click the Update button.
The window for the Netgear Orbi satellite Firmware Update will pop up.
- When asked, enter the admin information you just put in for your Netgear Orbi router.
- Click the BROWSE button when you’re done.
- After that, go to your desktop home screen and find the file that ends in.chk or.img. select it.
Note: Be careful. Don’t click on the wrong file.
- Now, please click the UPLOAD button to upload the firmware file. The process of updating the firmware could take between 2 and 3 minutes to finish.
- Once the Orbi satellite is done updating, go to the Status page and double-click on the firmware version.
- Congrats! Your Netgear Orbi satellite’s firmware has been updated successfully.
If you have trouble connecting your Netgear Orbi while updating the firmware on your device, don’t wait to get in touch with our experts.
How to update the Firmware on a Netgear Orbi Router?
You can use an Ethernet cable to connect your computer or laptop to your Orbi router.
Open a web browser and go to the page where you usually log in.
The screen will show a Basic Home page.
- Go to the Firmware Update page and select the ADVANCED > Administration > Firmware Update option (one by one).
- Click on the tab that says “Manual Update,” then click on the button that says “Browse.”
- Now, select the file that ends in.img and click on it. Select the right file.
- Click the UPLOAD button to upload the firmware file. The process can be done in one to two minutes.
- Please click the YES button when the page changes to keep going.
- When your Netgear Orbi router is done updating, double-click on the firmware version in the upper right corner.
Your Netgear Orbi router’s firmware has been updated successfully.