One of the well-known Smart TV brands used to broadcast media over the internet is LG. It uses WebOS and includes an internal store where you can download any kind of programme that is available for smartphones. To watch the most recent media material, you frequently need to update the LG Smart TV apps. The apps on a Smart TV can be updated manually or automatically.
How to Update Apps on LG Smart TV [Manually]
(1) Turn on your LG Smart TV, then use your TV remote to press the Home button.
(2) Choose the LG Content Store and launch it.
(3) Use the left side navigation pane to find the My Apps option. To rapidly update all the apps, you may alternatively select Update All.
(4) Select which app needs to be updated.
(5) Choose UPDATE.
(6) Verify your decision. I’m done now. On your LG Smart TV, the application will be updated.
Update Apps on LG Smart TV Automatically
Your apps will be updated automatically whenever the TV is connected to the internet if you use the automatic feature.
(1) Select All Settings from the Settings menu on your LG Smart TV.
(2) Select General Settings from the menu.
(3) Select This TV’s About link.
(4) Turn on Automatic Updates in step 4.
To get the most recent apps and security upgrades, make sure to update the LG TV firmware in addition to the apps.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How can I force the apps on my LG Smart TV to shut off?
- Long press the Home button on your LG TV remote control to force an app that is currently open to close.
- Your TV’s most recently used apps will be listed.
Click the X mark while your cursor is over the desired programme.
2. How may LG Smart TV apps be locked?
- Open the TV settings by pressing the home button on your remote control.
- Select Safety from the menu that appears on the left after tapping the three dots icon.
- Navigate to the Application Locks after activating Safety mode.
- Pick it, then key in the PIN (the default password is 0000).
- Choose the desired app, then lock it.
3. How can I rearrange my LG Smart TV’s apps?
- Your remote’s home button should be pressed.
- Navigate to the app you want to move from the app’s dashboard.
- To enter edit mode, hold down the OK button.
- Place the app where you want it to be and then save your modifications.