Android emulators have become quite common. People use them to let their computers run Android apps and games. Android is very popular, so they do this.
Developers have made several attractive and useful apps for the operating system. But some people would rather use these apps on a PC because it has a bigger screen and more processing power.
But Android emulators aren’t the only thing that can be done in these situations. You can also try out Android operating systems that can run on computers like Phoenix.
How does Phoenix OS work?
You can install the Android operating system Phoenix OS on a computer. It’s free and easy to carry. More importantly, Android apps can run on it.
On top of doing all the basic functions you would expect from an operating system, it can also do this. Phoenix OS works well and can be used at home or in the office. It will make your computer work like an Android phone or tablet.
- The operating access has an easy-to-use interface with large, colorful icons and shortcuts that make it easy to get to your drives and files. You can access your pictures, documents, videos, and music with a few clicks.
- Like a regular operating system, Phoenix OS lets you copy and paste files by dragging and dropping them to the right places.
- If you like the way Windows 10 lets you know about things, Phoenix OS has a tool that works the same way.
- You can change the volume, brightness, Bluetooth, and Wi-Fi.
- You can switch between windows by clicking the icon in the lower right corner that shows your most recently used apps.
- It has a start menu that shows all the important apps.
- You don’t have to switch operating systems to use the internet. StarDust is a small and sleek web browser that comes with Phoenix OS. If you miss Google Chrome, you will like that StarDust uses a Chromium Kernel.
- Google Play Store comes with the operating system. In other words, you don’t have to leave the operating system to find and download the apps you need. It has everything you need.
How Do I Install Phoenix OS?
If you want to install Phoenix OS on your computer, check it out. It has to meet the basic requirements of the operating system, which are:
- 6GB (Storage) (Storage)
- 1GB (RAM) (RAM)
- 128MB (Video) (Video)
- Intel x86 1Ghz (Processor)
- Depending on which version of Phoenix OS you downloaded, the exact requirements may be different. If your computer meets the minimum requirements, you can move on:
- Find a safe place to download Phoenix OS. You can either get the 32-bit or the 64-bit version. You can also get a version for your PC or Mac. That depends on your system.
- If you downloaded the OS successfully, look in the download folder for the files. Choose the file that can be run.
- You can install the operating option on the hard drive or set up Phoenix OS on a USB drive. Both options are good. But the smoother and more efficient option is the hard drive. It gives the best performance at the very least.
- Some people are hesitant to select the hard drive option because they don’t want the installer to erase their data. But that won’t happen here.
- After you click “Install,” the installer will eventually ask you to choose a drive for the new OS. You should put Phoenix on a different drive or partition than the one that has your current operating system.
Also see: How to Remove Background from Photos on iPhone [iOS 16]
- The installer will ask you to select the data size. Your options will be between 4GB and 32GB. With the USB option, your choices will be limited by the USB drive size. But since (in most cases) the hard drive has a lot of space, it makes sense to choose 32GB.
- Once you select the data size, you can click ‘Install’. At this stage, you can sit back and wait for the installation to finish. Keep an eye on the progress bar. It will let you know how far along the installer is.
- The installer will ask you to restart the computer when the installation is done.
- When the computer restarts, you can choose between the old and new Phoenix OS. Choose the Phoenix OS. The new operating system will start initializing and setting up the relevant files.
- Once this stage is done, the computer will welcome you to Phoenix OS. It will let you change the language you need to because Chinese is the default language.
- Read and agree to the user license agreement.
- Make sure you can get online. This will let your PC get updates for the Phoenix OS.
- Sign up for a new account. Once the Phoenix OS interface appears, you can start using the Android operating system.
Is Phoenix OS Good For PC?
Yes, Phoenix OS is good for PC. There are better Android operating systems on the market. But it has a simple interface, works well, and has enough functions to replace a regular OS. Some people think Remix OS was a better gaming system than others.
But Remix OS is gone. Phoenix OS is still around, and for good reason. It has a decent number of users who like its functions.
Is Phoenix OS Still Supported?
Yes, Phoenix OS is still being helped out with. It receives regular updates from the developers.
A regular Android emulator is not as good as PhoenixOS. After you install the operating system, all of your favorite Android games and apps will run on it. But it can also do some functions that you would expect from a regular operating system.
It has some problems, like too much Chinese software and needing more language options. But these problems must be bigger to stop people from using the site. Setting up the system couldn’t be easier. After you download the installer, most of the work will be done by it.
The operating system can also be started from a USB drive. Even though rivals like Remix OS have gone away, Phoenix OS is still going strong. It gets regular updates from the developers who make it, who are always trying to make things better for the average user.
Phoenix OS will meet your needs if you can download the right version for your system.