Grand Theft Auto GTA 5 can be downloaded on a PC, laptop, console, or mobile phone. It can also be streamed on a mobile phone. The dangerous and action-packed stories of Michael De Santa, Trevor Phillips, and Franklin Clinton are told in GTA 5, which Rockstar Games made. When it came out in 2013, GTA V/GTA 5 was playable on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 consoles. Since then, however, GTA 5 has come out for PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X|S. In this article, we’ll talk about downloading GTA 5 on PC and consoles and playing GTA 5 on mobile phones and other devices.
How to download GTA 5 for PC or laptop
Gamers worldwide were very excited when GTA 5 came out for PC. No longer do they have to play GTA 5 on consoles. You can download GTA 5 for PC from Steam, the Epic Games Store, and the Rockstar Games store.
How to use Steam to download GTA 5 for PC online
If you want to use Steam to download GTA V for PC, you will need to download the Steam app on your system. Follow these steps to download GTA 5 from Steam:
- Go to the Steam website and download the Steam app to your Windows PC.
- Now you can log up for a new account or sign in if you have one already.
- Use the Steam app to search for GTA 5
- Pick the version of GTA 5 that fits your needs and budget.
- You can pay for GTA 5 with a debit or credit card or other ways.
- After your payment is confirmed, you can get GTA 5 on your PC by clicking the Download button.
How to use the Epic Games Store to download GTA 5 online
Like Steam, you can download the Epic Games Store Launcher on your PC. Here are the steps you need to take:
- Go to the Epic Games Store website and download the Launcher from the top right corner.
- Sign in to your account with Epic Games or make a new one.
- Use the Epic Games Launcher to search for GTA 5.
- Click the “Buy Now” button, make a payment, and download the game.
GTA V/ GTA 5 minimum system requirements for PC
- OS – Windows 7/8/8.1/10
- CPU: AMD Phenom 9850 or Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
- GPU: 1 GB Nvidia GeForce 9800 GT/AMD HD 4870
- Memory—4 GB of RAM
GTA V/GTA 5 system requirements recommended for PC
- OS – Windows 7/8/8.1/10
- CPU – Intel Core i5 3470/AMD X8 FX-835
- GPU: AMD GeForce GTX 660 or Nvidia GeForce GTX 660
- Memory—8 GB of RAM
PC size GTA 5
You’ll need at least 90GB of space on your PC to download and play GTA 5. You should download the GTA 5 game file on an SSD for better performance.
GTA 5 PC price
Currently, GTA 5 is sold in bundles on Steam and the Epic Games Store. At the time this was written, the following is a list of the price and contents of each bundle:
- Grand Theft Auto V: Premium Edition (Base game, GTA Online, and Criminal Enterprise starter pack) costs Rs 1,978.
- Grand Theft Auto V: Premium Edition and Great White Shark Card Bundle for Rs 2,565
- The price for a bundle of Grand Theft Auto V: Premium Edition and Megalodon Shark Card is Rs 4,194.
Store for Epic Games
- The Premium Edition of Grand Theft Auto V costs Rs 2,321.
If there is a sale on Steam or Epic Games Store, the price of GTA 5 will change.
How do I play GTA 5 for free?
You can’t download and play GTA 5 for free, which is too bad. If Rockstar gives the game away, you can get it for free. During the last giveaway, many players were able to download GTA V from the Epic Games Store for free. This happened in 2020. But this doesn’t happen very often, and we’ll update this article if we hear of any GTA 5 giveaways.
How to play Grand Theft Auto 5 on your phone
Even though GTA 5 isn’t officially on the Google Play Store or the App Store, you can use Steam Link to play it on your Android or iOS device. If you bought the game on Steam, you could use Steam Link to stream the game to your smartphone. Here’s how to play Grand Theft Auto 5 on a mobile phone:
You can use Steam Link to play GTA 5 on Android and iOS.
- Download the Steam Link app from the Google Play Store for Android or the App Store for iOS.
- Open the Steam Link app and sign in with your Steam account.
- Start GTA 5 on your PC or laptop by using Steam.
- Click on the GTA 5 icon on Steam Link to stream the game to your smartphone.
It’s important to know that you’ll need a good internet connection to stream any game, including GTA 5, through Steam Link. Cell phones and PCs would be connected to a fast Wi-Fi network in an ideal world. It is also best to use a controller with Steam Link because the touch controls may have latency issues.
How to download GTA 5 on PS5, PS4, or PC
You can also download GTA 5 on PS4 and PS5 PlayStation consoles. Here are the steps to download GTA 5 on PS5 and PS4:
- Open your web browser and go to the PlayStation Store website. Sign in with your PlayStation account.
- Type GTA 5 into the search box and press Enter.
- Choose the version of GTA 5 you want to select and complete the payment.
- Open the My PlayStation tab on your PS4 or PS5
- Open Game Library and find GTA 5 to start downloading the game.
Players who own GTA 5 on PS4 or Xbox One will get a free update for PS5 or Xbox Series X|S until June 14, 2022.
How to download GTA 5 on an Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One
Here’s how to download GTA 5 on Xbox consoles like the Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S:
- Open the Xbox Store in your web browser and sign in with your Microsoft account.
- Type GTA 5 into the search bar
- Choose the GTA 5 version you want and complete the payment.
- Press the Guide button on your Xbox Series X|S or Xbox One (the button with Xbox logo)
- Open the Active Downloads section to see if GTA 5 has started downloading.
Can you play GTA 5 with friends online?
Yes, GTA Online lets you play GTA 5 with your friends. GTA Online lets you create your unique character, play high-stakes missions, and heists with your friends.
Can a low-end PC run GTA 5?
Since GTA 5 is an older game, many new PCs can run it on Low or Medium graphics settings. Based on the minimum system requirements, the game can be played on PCs with CPUs and GPUs that are a few years old. So, many players can play GTA 5 on their computers with low or medium settings for the graphics.
GTA 5 download APKs
There are many GTA 5 download APKs on the internet, but most of them are not real. You should follow the steps above if you want to play the game on an Android phone, iPhone, PC, or laptop.