How To Disable Startup Apps On Windows 11? When you turn on your system, the startup programs load automatically. When your computer starts up, these startup programs can slow it down and add time to the process if you have a lot of them. Turning off a few startup apps that have a big impact on your PC but that you don’t use may be good for your system because it may make your PC run better and boot up faster. You can disable the startup apps in two ways: through the Settings app or the task manager.
Disable Startup Apps On Windows 11
In this article, we’ll talk about all the different ways you can disable Windows 11 apps from running when the startup starts up.
Disable Startup Apps From Settings
The first way to disable the startup apps in Windows 11 is to use the Settings app. Here are the steps to disable the startup apps on your PC using the Settings app:
- Open the app called “Settings” on your PC. Pressing the Windows and I keys together will let you do this. To open the Settings app, you can either look for it in the Start Menu and click on it from there, search for it and then click on it from the Start Menu.
- Go to the Apps section from the Settings app’s left head.
- Click the Startup button on the right side of the Apps section.
- You will now see all the apps that can be set up to run at startup. You will see the toggle that lets you turn on or off the startup apps. You will also see the startup apps’ impact, whether high, medium, or low.
- High Impact: Apps with a high impact use more than 3 MB of disk space or 1 second CPU time.
- Medium Impact: Apps with a medium impact use between 0.3 and 1 second CPU time or 300KB to 3 MB of disk space.
- Low Impact: An app with low impact uses less than 0.3 seconds CPU time or 300 KB of disk space.
- Choose the app you want to stop running at startup and turn off the switch next to it.
This will disable Windows 11’s startup apps. If you want to use them again, turn the toggle back on.
Turn off apps from starting up in the Task Manager
Using the task manager is another way to turn off the apps that start up with Windows 11. Follow the steps below to do so:
- Open your computer’s Task Manager. By pressing Ctrl, Shift, and Esc at the same time, you can accomplish this.
- Go to the Start-up tab in the Task Manager.
- Here is a list of the apps that load when the startup starts up. You will see the apps that have a high impact, a low impact, a medium impact, or none.
- Choose the app you don’t want to disable up with the startup, and then click “Disable.” It would be best to turn off apps that don’t do anything useful at startup and have a big effect on your system.
Here’s how to disable apps from starting up when you turn on your Windows 11 startup. We’ve discussed how you can do this with either the Settings app or the Task Manager. If you follow the steps above, it’s easy to disable the apps that start up when you turn on your Windows 11 startup.